In the last two weeks we’ve had two major updates.
We added KFC to our menu as well as the full list of KFC branches (that’s almost 700 branches countrywide). We intend to extend the regions of all the restaurants we currently cover as well. It takes time for us to capture the data and get it into the app so bear with us please.
One of our main goals with this app is smoothness and we strive to provide a user experience that is fast and efficient. We noticed some slow-down in the app as a result of the increased data added in the previous release. To address this we’ve made some changes to bring back the slick feel of the app. We’re not done but we felt we had enough to address most of the problems. Stay tuned for our next update that will bring further speed improvements.
These are some of the features we’re looking at introducing in future versions
- Expanding our list of restaurants
- Expanding our list of branches country-wide
- Providing a list of specials available at different outlets
- Expanding to include international stores (for the overseas traveler looking for some home town comfort food)
We hope to keep improving on the app to make it more useful to all.
No software is perfect but thanks to our beta testers we are beginning to iron out the kinks. An update has been launched to fix the “Force Close” issue plaguing the initial release.
Thanks to all the beta testers for your comments and recommendations. We’ll try to improve on the app with every release.
We’ve just released a beta version of our amazing App, The Food Menu App. For now the list of restaurants is limited and we only display stores in the Gauteng region. We intend to increase our listings in time to offer a wider selection.
The App features include
- full restaurant menus with prices
- branch details
- list nearby branches by distance from current position
- dial the branch directly from the app
- Google Maps navigation with turn by turn directions to the branch